EURO MED SEC 4
State-of-the-art Materials and Techniques in Structural Engineering and Construction
Leipzig, Germany, June 20-25, 2022
Travel, airport, and transportation in Leipzig FAQ
1) What is the nearest major airport?
Leipzig/Halle Airport (LEJ)
2) How do you reach LEJ Airport?
You can take a connecting flight to Leipzig/Halle from the largest German airports: Frankfurt or Munich.
3) How should one travel from Berlin to Leipzig?
- For overseas guests, it is recommended to use Frankfurt or Munich airports instead of Berlin. The Berlin Airport is not as large and well-connected as Frankfurt or Munich.
- If you arrive in Berlin, participants can choose the fast train (ICE) to Leipzig (around 1 hour travel to Leipzig). If you arrive in Frankfurt or Munich you can either take a flight to Leipzig/Halle, or choose the fast train (around 4 hours from Frankfurt and 4.5 hours from Munich). Both airports (Frankfurt, Munich) have train terminals. Thus, it is possible to take the train directly from the airport.
4) What is the best method of transport from Leipzig airport to the conference hotels?
- From Leipzig/Halle airport there is a direct local train to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) that takes around 20 minutes. The main station is located directly in the city center of Leipzig. Costs: 5 € / US$ 5.5.
- Seaside Park Hotel and Vienna House Easy Leipzig are located directly at the Leipzig main station (Hauptbahnhof) (200-300 m).
- Michaelis Hotel and the Amedia Hotel can be reached by tram. The trams with the number 10 and 11 (costs: 3€ / US$ 3.30 Dollar) depart directly from the Leipzig main station to HTWK. Michaelis Hotel is in the middle between main station and HTWK. Amedia Hotel is near by HTWK.
- Of course, travellers can take a taxi from the airport to the hotels, which is the most comfortable way. The price is around 50 € / US$ 55.
- Distances from the hotels to HTWK can be seen on our website, https://www.isec-society.org/EURO_MED_SEC_04/accommodation.php
1) Here are some links about transportation to/in Leipzig:
2) In Leipzig, train travellers normally arrive at the main station (Hauptbahnhof). The main station is located directly in the city center of Leipzig. Leipzig's train station is the LARGEST in Europe and includes a large shopping mall.
Leipzig main station (Hauptbahnhof)